View the entire Common Sense Social Media PowerPoint here.
CHOOSE THE TOOLS LAST
- Forget the tools themselves initially
- Each tool is used for different types of conversations
- Who do you want to talk to?
- How/Where do they like to interact?
- What do they want to talk about?
- Now choose the tools you use!
- Individuals – Personal Facebook
- Nonprofits – Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
- HR Directors – LinkedIn, Industry Blogs, Comment Boards
- Local Media – Comment Boards, Twitter
- Local Foundations – (late adopters) Twitter
- Innovators – Twitter, Self-Published Blogs, Industry Blogs, Comment Boards
- Connectors – LinkedIn, Personal FB
- Industry Peers – (late adopters) Twitter
USE SOCIAL MEDIA TO EXTEND YOUR BRAND
- brand has attributes
- word used to describe brand – functional and emotional
- brand has benefits
- experience of association
- because I use this product, I am this
- because I give to this nonprofit, I am this
- attributes are important, benefits are more important
CREATE A STRATEGY TO MAKE IT EASY TO PARTICIPATE
In a future blog post we'll share our specific strategies for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and My Colorado. For now, here's our umbrella strategy:
Community Shares intentionally uses social media to extend our brand reach and validate our brand attributes and personality. Please refer to our brand attributes and personality when selecting and composing content on social media sites. All posts should work in harmony with our branding goals.